The increasing digitalisation of all business areas requires experts who have the capability to design and technically implement innovative socio-technical systems and dispose at the same time of profound knowledge of business and economic aspects. The widely established field of business informatics provides solutions for these challenges. For this purpose, business informatics develops its own methods for aligning business and societal requirements with technical systems. It reverts to concepts from computer science, business and economics as well as adjacent areas. Besides a solid training in computer science, experts in business informatics have solid expertise in business aspects. Furthermore, they use methods such as enterprise modeling for ensuring the structured design, development and deployment of digital business models and the necessary technical systems.
Goals and Actions:
The newly formed special interest group (SI WI) aims to initiate and support activities in business informatics within SI and cooperate with adjacent special interest groups as well as national and international professional societies. For ensuring the openness towards all language regions in Switzerland and the international orientation, the communication within the SIG will be conducted primarily in English.
- Lecturers at Swiss universities, higher education institutions, and universities of applied sciences
- Representatives of industry and public administration
- Students and graduates in business informatics
- Organization of events on current topics in business informatics, in particular for exchanges between industry and research and teaching institutions
- Establishment of a SIG website for providing information, e.g. on the members of the SIG, participating institutions, teaching programs in business informatics, etc.
- Initiation of a mailing list on business informatics in Switzerland
Edy Portmann, Co-President
Hans-Georg Fill, Co-President
Michael Kaufmann, Treasurer
Gwendolin Wilke, PR/Media
Ulrich Reimer, Events/Logistics
Simon Moser, Vice-President
Membership form: https://swissinformatics.org/en/membership/categories