The Special Interest Group for Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Science brings together researchers, practitioners and other parties interested in the subjects of artificial intelligence and cognitive science (AI/CO).
SGAICO pursues the goal of promoting intelligent technologies for innovation in our society. It provides a platform for exchange on AI/CO between industry and universities.
- Discussion and dissemination of AI/CO-related knowledge
- Exchange on application problems occurring in Swiss enterprises and establishment of contacts between users and experts in Switzerland
- AI/CO methods and technologies in interdisciplinary contexts such as for example engineering, medicine, psychology and law
- Successful applications of AI/CO around the world and their relevance for Switzerland
- Topics and needs of AI/CO education in Switzerland
SGAICO is a member of the European Coordinating Committee for Artificial Intelligence (ECCAI), which joins the European national AI/CO societies and which holds the biannual ECAI conference. A SGAICO membership includes access to ECCAI benefits and resources such as participation in the ECAI conference and ECCAI summer schools at discounted prices.
Further details on the membership fees (discounts, collective membership, etc.) can be found in the SI overview. Registration is made via the SI entry form.
President: Jana Koehler, Hochschule Luzern
Stellv. Presidents: Jean-Daniel Dessimoz, HESSO-HEIG-VD, Marc-Oliver Gewaltig, EPFL, Thilo Stadelmann, ZHAW
Treasure: Jean-Daniel Dessimoz, HESSO-HEIG-VD
Membership Form: https://swissinformatics.org/en/membership/categories