The section « Digital Heritage » understands digital data, content and application as a digital good and raw material, which has to be partially preserved as part of the heritage of our culture. Therefore, we are committed to:
- the permanence of digital data, objects and artifacts
- the digital heritage of companies, the society and institutions of Switzerland
- the promotion of discussion and awareness about the sustainable use of digital data, objects and artifacts
- the networking of research institutions and bodies of society, business and interest groups in the areas of digital
- storage, long-term preservation and ensuring permanent access.
The « Digital Heritage » section of the SI was founded in 2011 by Dr. med. André Golliez in response to the 8th European Conference on Digital Archiving. In 2012, she commenced operations and established her form as a section of the SI. Since then, the « Digital Heritage » group sees itself as the network of experts dealing with issues related to the preservation and transmission of digital data and cultural assets.
Further details on the membership fees (discounts, collective membership, etc.) can be found in the SI overview. Registration is made via the SI entry form.
President, i.a. Arthur Clay
Membership form: https://swissinformatics.org/en/membership/categories